Hello Friends & Family,
This last little while has been quite interesting. Missionary work had been slow for a while in the Tsuen Wan area, but it gradually began to pick up. Towards the end of this last move (a "move" is a six week measure of time) we finally found 3 people interested in the Church. We also were getting more support from Members as we tried to visit them. We would spend so much time trying to find people to teach that I finally decided I didn't want to find as much as I wanted to teach. Then the Lord allowed those who were prepared to hear the Gospel the opportunity to meet with us.
But as of right now, I am living on Hong Kong Island. I am now serving the Sai Waahn area, otherwise known as West Pointe. They closed down the companionship I was previously in. So before, Elders and Sisters served the Tsuen Wan Area; what used to be a heavy industrial spot around WWII. Now it is only the Sisters. But I am excited for my new area. I have a new companion, Elder McAllister from Sacramento, CA. He is nice and a good worker. He has only been a missionary a little longer than me, so we both are still trying to learn Cantonese. Our new area includes the IFC Building and Financial District in Hong Kong. We also have the Mid-Way (look online). I think the IFC building is the one Batman jumped from in The Dark Knight. In short, there is a lot to do and see. I am excited for the changes taking place. I hope to be a blessing to this area and pray the Lord will strengthen me. I know the Gospel of Jesus Christ is Restored and has the power to change lives for the better. It has changed mine. I wish everyone well.
Sincerely,
Elder Hawkins
Wednesday, March 24, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment