Hello Everyone,
I have now been a missionary for 9 months and in Hong Kong for 6 months. Time flies! Every day I feel a desire to do the best with what is given me; to accomplish that which is given to me to accomplish. Right now I am serving on Hong Kong Island; in West Pointe. With the financial district and mid-levels in my area, there is a lot to see on a day to day basis. There are a lot of people, and many of them are not from Hong Kong. If you are white and in Hong Kong, you are perceived as being very rich because most white s in Hong Kong are here for business. It makes missionary work interesting. I enjoy trying to find people to teach in Central because it is faster paced. But, we have some great individuals investigating the church. One is Mr. Leuhng. He is Atheist but he takes whatever we want him to read and I know he has felt the power of the Holy ghost. He just needs to decide to pray. He has also been teaching us a little Chinese and explaining Chinese history. We also just had a member refer us to his friend which we have started teaching. The member is about to be a full-time missionary in Hong Kong. It's a tremendous blessing to see the gospel take effect in people's lives; especially my own. I continue to learn more about myself and I am realizing that I need to look beyond myself if I am to find Happiness. It is the smae for everyone. I have realized the Mission prepares men to be good fathers and husbands. I am enjoying the process. I know the Gospel is true. I am grateful to be alive in Hong Kong.
Sincerely,
Elder Hawkins
Monday, April 19, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment