Thursday, March 4, 2010

January 7, 2010

I am glad to be able to provide another update after having assed through the Holiday Season. Christmas in Hong Kong is just not the same as Spokane. There definitely wasn’t any snow. All the Missionaries in Hong Kong got together on Christmas Eve, had skits, food and Secret Santa so it was a fun time. The time I have spent serving a Mission appears to have flown by. I can carry on a basic conversation in Chinese now, but I know have only scratched the surface. I am just starting to learn characters. My companion, Elder Weston, continues to be a great example of love and service. He has been teaching me how to cook. We also sang in front of some governmental officials at a Christmas activity and he did a Kung Fu presentation. So, as of right now, I think I have fully acclimated to the life of a missionary. We try and make it as obvious to everyone as we can, that truth in its fullness has been restored, but there are many things keeping people from accepting that message. I have witnessed pride in many different forms being made manifest, and I can only say it literally is the most damning sin-stops progression and hinders the practice of virtue. But I am grateful for my experiences and the opportunity to serve. I know Jesus Christ lives; He guides this church through prophets and apostles. The Book of Mormon is what it says it is: Another Testament of Jesus Christ. And all are free to read and find out for themselves its truthfulness. I hope all of you are doing well and in good health.
Until next month

Elder Hawkins

No comments:

Post a Comment