Thursday, March 4, 2010

January 28, 2010

Hello Friends,
I hope all of you are in good health and spirits. I am sure each of you is very busy, but I pray what few words I write may be of benefit to you all. I pray it will be a breath of fresh air. The missionary lifestyle continues to teach and stretch me. I am finding myself more and more wanting to take naps during meal times but there is always work to do. I have been in Hong Kong more than 4 months now. I just started by 4th move in the Tsuen Wan Area. Every move is 6 weeks long and then missionaries will get moved around. But I have been with the same companion for 3 moves now. I enjoy working with him; he sincerely wants to help people and takes great enjoyment out of the small and simple things. He has taught me how to cook a little and just how to relate with people on a very simple level. The next time you go shopping, talk with the cashier at the checkout-learn her or his name-and you will understand what l I mean. We have done a lot of work with the less active members in our ward, updating church records and so forth and we are finding people to teach. One man doesn’t enjoy his job right now; he has to work long hours. I have felt his humility and believe the Lord has prepared him to receive the Restored Gospel. When we give ourselves to the Lord we truly see miracles. I know this is true. I hope to continue to keep everyone up to date on these miracles. My best wishes always.

Elder Hawkins

No comments:

Post a Comment