Wednesday, November 11, 2009

October 23, 2009

Hong Kong is an amazing place; not necessarily for what it is, but for what it is allowing me to become. I will be getting a new companion this next week. My trainer was assigned as zone leader, so he will bein charge of several companionships in another area. He has shown me how to approach people with confidence, and how to apply myself most diligently to this work. I have discovered my work in this life is wholly different from the work the world would have me do. I see kids in nice suits going to work in order to make their next million dollars while I am just trying to get someone to listen to me for only a minute if not more. It's alright though because I am establishing, or helping establish the spiritual kingdom of our Father in Heaven. I know He lives and He has restored His church. Any person can gain this witness through study and prayer. The Book of Mormon is a definite witness that Just is the Christ. Hong Kong is a city of many skyscrapers, and, as a result, my pride has been cut down. This week, however, should provide us an opportunity to perform three baptisms; Ivan, Joe,A-Lam. The Chinese usually take on English names. I have enjoyed th food too; congealed pig's blood was interesting. I think next time I will pass though. They have some really good bread here. I am afraid I will gain weight.

Usually, for my daily routine, I will wake up, exercise, and study during the morning scriptures and Cantonese. Then in the afternoon and evening we are out finding people to teach, teaching people, or visiting members of the church. We teach an English Class once a week. It's free. Then we may do an activity with other missionaries once each week. Within the next few months the mission will have about 90 missionaries. Right now there is about 150. The work is progressing though and I love being on a mission. I hope everyone continues to work hard and focus on that which is important. Enjoy life, now. My best wishes.

Elder Hah

No comments:

Post a Comment